- Uday Shankar of Disney Plus Multiplex reports OTT release of 7 films
- All these films will be OTT premiered between July and October this year.
Jun 29, 2020, 08:22 PM IST
Bollywood stars gave information about the release of their upcoming films online on Monday. Alia Bhatt, Abhishek Bachchan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgan announced the release of the films on Zoom Call hosted by Varun Dhawan on Monday. It was informed at this event that Sushant Singh Rajput's last film Dil Bechara will release OTT on July 24. The rest of the film stars OTT releases on Disney Plus and Hotstar platforms in the coming months.
Stars told the details of films being released
- Akshay Kumar Released the poster of Lakshmi Bomb. In it, the frightened eyes of Akshay became Kinnar. He also told about the film. This is Akshay's third film with Kiara Advani.
- Ajay Devgn Shared Bhuj's poster. Ajay Devgan and Sanjay Dutt are seen in it. Regarding the film on real life story, Ajay told how the army was helped within 24 hours.
- Alia Bhatt Told about Road 2 that the family was together during the film Making, it was a different experience. The poster of Road 2 was released and there is no artist in it. Alia said that if there is no actor in the poster, what will people say! The poster has a picture of Kailash Mansarovar and a road is visible.
- Abhishek Bacchan Told The Big Bull that this is his second film with Ajay Devgan. Big Bull is a story of ambitions. He said that if we liked making the film, then the audience would also like it.
- Varun Told about Kunal's lootcase and Vidyut Jamwal's Khuda Hafiz. Sanjana is debuting with Sushant's Dil Bechara. Posters of Khuda Hafiz and Lootcase were also released.
Stars shared lockdown experiences
For the first time in 20 years, Akshay stayed at home
Stayed at home for so many days in a 20-year career. In these days, David Dhawan and I together make two-three pictures. However, this life also has its own fun. This life will not be found again.
Crazy was there to watch the film on Saturday. Could not remember to eat food, but was eager to watch the film. In the midst of an epidemic, I have always believed that what cannot be changed is adopted. Sit in the living room with family friends and watch the movie. Because show time, interval, food will all be your choice.
Alia got relieved from meditation
I have started guitar classes. Doing 3-4 classes a week. Doing meditation course This gives me great relief. Watched a lot of tv Baking Key and watched many classic shows and movies on TV.
It is not possible to go to the theater now- Ajay Devgan
I was locked up 22 years ago, so I thought I would take revenge, so I locked everything up. When I live more at home, I disturb everyone at home. When alone, I used to watch one and a half hour web show every night. Going to the theater and watching movies at home is different. We make films, fight fights. People will get this balance that films will remain in both the places. It is not possible to go to the theater everyday. We have this new medium with a lot of users, we will make good films, everyone's choice. An epidemic has become a means of starting a new thing, it will continue on this path even further.
BIGGG ANNOUNCEMENT … #AkshayKumar, #AjayDevgn, #AbhishekBachchan, #AliaBhatt, #VarunDhawan will be LIVE on #DisneyPlusHotstar with #UdayShankar (President, The Walt Disney Co and Chairman, Star & Disney India) … Mark your calendars: TOMORROW, Monday, June 29, 2020, 4.30 pm. pic.twitter.com/5qUBbVfMiJ
– taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) June 28, 2020
Ajay-Salman did a deal of 400 crores
Disney Plus Hotstar falls under the company, which also includes Star Plus, Star Gold. With all this Ajay Devgan has been an old relation of Akshay Kumar. Star had a deal of 400 million with Ajay and Salman a few years back.
Ajay could not refuse when the company offered to release Ajay on the 'Bhuj' digital platform. Films of Akshay Kumar's Housefull series have also been produced and distributed with this company. Abhishek Bachchan's The Big Bull is also co-produced by Ajay Devgn.
Digital release does not threaten theaters
With the big stars' films going digital, the distributor and exhibitor fraternity is yet to register a protest. Distributor Akshay Rathi says that the producers have the right and final call on where to give films. They make films. There is a 100-year relationship between manufacturers and exhibitors. He will never break. The good thing is that the cinema will remain. There is no shortage of new content in theaters, they will run whenever they open.
Films are getting ready in 6 months
Technology has become so advanced that even big budget films are shot and reach the threshold of release within 6 months. From Rohit Shetty to Sanjay Leela Bhansali also do this. Akshay Kumar then produces four such films in a year. If we combine Hindi and non-Hindi speaking films, then there will be plenty of content for cinemas in the next six, eight months. Work will begin as soon as they open.