- Twelfth pass students can enter the Indian Army in two ways, both of them give you permanent commission in the army.
- SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) exam is important for the twelfth pass students.
Jun 30, 2020, 10:24 AM IST
There is no shortage of youth in our country who want a government job. Regardless, why these jobs provide good salary along with other perks, job security and all the benefits. To fulfill their dream of getting a government job, these young people have to go through competitive exams.
Usually aspirants wait for their graduation to appear in these exams. But do you know that many such government exams are also conducted in which you can appear soon after passing class XII and also get a job? Know about some of such major exams-
These exams are for the Indian Army
Twelfth pass students can enter the Indian Army in two ways. Both these exams give you a permanent commission in the army. The first of these is the NDA and NA exam and the second is the Technical Entry Scheme (TES). Apart from this, recruitment for Navy is done through 10 + 2 Navy B.Tech entry.
- NDA and NA exam: National Defense Academy and Naval Academy exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Through this, recruitments are made in the Army, Navy and the Airforce. Students of class XII or XII examinations in Physics and Maths can apply for this. Applicants must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. After selection, candidates are also given four years of training.
- TES: To apply in the Technical Entry Scheme, students must have passed 12th with at least 70% marks with Science stream i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects. Admission to this scheme is done through direct SSB entry. Applicants must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. The candidates selected for the scheme are given five years of training.
- 10 + 2 Navy B.Tech Entry: For this exam giving entry in Navy, you have to pass XII with Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects with minimum 70 percent marks and at least 50 percent marks in English in tenth or twelfth. The candidates for selection are shortlisted on the basis of their JEE Main rank, so appearing in JEE Main is also an essential qualification. Applicants must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. The selected candidates are given four years of training.
Staff Selection Commission Exams
SSC exams are some of the most popular exams in the country. The SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) exam is important for the twelfth pass students. The main examinations conducted in this category are-
- PA (Postal Assistant): After passing this exam, you are appointed as a Postal Assistant in the post office.
- DEO (Data Entry Operator): It is a qualification to pass the twelfth but for the post of DEO in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India, it is necessary to pass the twelfth in Science Maths.
- LDC (Lower Division Clerk): After passing this exam, you can also get promotion by giving exam of department later.
Other SSC exams: Apart from CHSL, SSC also conducts examinations for some more jobs like-
- Stenographer: SSC Stenographer takes Grade C and Grade D exams, for which knowledge of stenography is required with passing the twelfth. Candidates from 18 to 30 years old for Grade C and 18 to 27 years old for Grade D can apply. A skill test is also taken after passing the computer based exam. Stenography test is taken in both Hindi and English languages.
- General Duty Constable: This exam is taken by SSC for recruitment to the posts of constable in CISF, ITBP, CRPF, Rifleman in addition to BSF in which you can appear after 12th class.
Indian railway recruitment exam
Indian Railways is considered as one of the most preferred areas for securing government jobs. There are many opportunities available for the job seekers in this largest public sector company of the country, especially for the students who pass the twelfth. RRB i.e. Railway Recruitment Board conducts these exams according to different zones. The posts for which the RRB conducts examinations for the twelfth pass students are-
- Railway Clerks and Constables
- Group d staff
- Assistant Loco Pilot
- Lower Division Clerk and Multi Tasking Staff
- Railway information department
- Railway driver