New Delhi: Often we pay full attention to the rest of our face, hands and body, but our attention towards the feet is less. Perhaps this is the reason why we often ignore the signs and symptoms associated with the feet. But this same mistake can be a sign of some big disease. Yes, a lot can be told about the health of a person based on the problems in the feet. You will be surprised to know that there are specialist doctors for problems related to the feet, which are called podiatrist. But there is no need to go to the doctor to know what your feet are saying about your health. You just have to recognize these signs.
What do your feet say about health
1. Drying of skin of feet If the skin of your soles or feet is very dry, cracked, crusted, then it can be a sign of thyroid disease. By the way, due to the normal change in the weather, feet and ankles can also burst. But if you see symptoms like weight gain in yourself, feeling numbness in your hands and trouble seeing, with torn ankles, go to the doctor immediately.
read this also- Must follow these tips for dry skin and cracked ankles
2. Frequent numbness of feet The biggest reason for repeated numbness in the feet is that there is no proper circulation of blood there and it can also be caused by peripheral arterial disease (PAD). If you feel numbness in your feet repeatedly, do not ignore this sign, it can also be a symptom of peripheral neuropathy caused by type 2 diabetes.
3. Appearing dark spots in the foot nails If your toe is buried somewhere or if something heavy falls on the foot, then it is normal to have black spots in the nail, but if blackness occurs in the nail of the toes without any injury, then talk to the doctor. This can be a sign of melanoma ie skin cancer. Apart from this, discoloration of the toenails is also a symptom of fungal infection.
4. Feet swelling – Pregnant women often have swelling in the legs during the last days of pregnancy. Many times, even after traveling a long distance, the feet become swollen, but if the feet become swollen for no reason, do not heal for a long time, then take this symptom seriously because it is associated with blood flow or blood. Can be a sign of a clot-related disease. Apart from this, there can be swelling of the feet in kidney disease as well.
5. Feet pain, especially in the morning –In the morning, people feel pain like a burning sensation in the legs while laying down from the bed in the morning. There can be many reasons for this. The first is arthritis, which causes joint pain and irritation. Apart from this, there can also be pain in the legs due to muscle strain or stiffness. Apart from this, if there is a lack of water in the body, then due to this, you may feel burning and pain in the feet.