New Delhi: You must also believe that the way food does not taste without salt, in the same way, food does not get colored without turmeric. Be it vegetable or lentils or any other dish, we definitely use turmeric in some form every day. These days, in the era of Coronavirus epidemic, a large number of people are getting their immunity (Immunity) To strengthen, turmeric milk is also consumed every day. Therefore, turmeric is not just a spice but due to its rich medicinal properties, it can also be kept in the category of superfood as it can help protect against serious diseases like colds, coughs, skin diseases and heart disease, cancer Turmeric is
Turmeric is beneficial for health in many ways
In many research and studies, turmeric is also said to be beneficial for both body and brain.
1. Diabetes Turmeric contains an element called curcumin which is seen as anti-diabetic. Turmeric intake is considered beneficial in controlling diabetes by controlling blood sugar level. Curcumin has the ability to decrease glucose levels and lipids (cholesterol-enhancing fats that do not dissolve in water) in the blood. It also has the properties of eliminating insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes.
read this also- Turmeric is alive in joint pain, learn how to use
2. Heart disease- Curcumin found in turmeric can also help in protecting against heart disease. It helps in improving the function of blood vessels, which helps in regulating blood pressure and also does not clot the blood clot. Additionally, curcumin also helps to reduce inflammation, which is an important risk factor for heart disease.
3. Protect against cancer- Curcumin found in turmeric is seen as a beneficial herb in the treatment of cancer. It helps in preventing the growth of cancer and also works to kill cancer cells. Although turmeric can prove to be beneficial in many types of cancer, but it is especially useful in colorectal cancer.
4. In the treatment of arthritis In arthritis, there is a problem of swelling and burning in the joints of bones. Since curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can also help in the treatment of arthritis. Taking turmeric helps to reduce inflammation and many other symptoms associated with arthritis have also been reported in studies.
5. In Alzheimer’s disease- Alzheimers is a type of amnesia that causes dementia and there is no cure for it yet. Inflammation and oxidative damage are the cause of Alzheimer’s and the anti inflammatory properties present in turmeric help prevent both these problems and prevent them from becoming Alzheimer’s.
How much quantity of turmeric to use
Even though turmeric is healthy and it is beneficial to use it daily, it is also important to know how much quantity should be used. To get the benefits of turmeric, an adult person should consume 500 mg of curcumin daily. However, according to different requirements, this quantity can also be 1 thousand milligrams. One teaspoon of turmeric contains about 200 mg of curcumin and hence 3-4 teaspoons of turmeric can be taken throughout the day. People who always have irritation or irritation like acidity, they can also drink turmeric mixed with water. Talk to your doctor about how much turmeric is right for you.
(Note: Always consult a specialist or doctor before taking any remedy. Zee News does not claim responsibility for this information.)