- Government said- the recovery rate of the infected was 34.06%, doubling rate increased to 12.9 days
- Center said- the responsibility of the states to arrange train-bus for migrant laborers
- INS Jalashv left for Kochi with 588 Indians from Maldives
May 16, 2020, 03:55 PM IST
new Delhi. So far 20 lakh 39 thousand 952 corona samples have been investigated in the country. More than 90 thousand tests are being done daily for the last three days. The total number of corona patients has increased to 86 thousand 508. On Saturday, 438 patients were found in Delhi, 91 in Rajasthan, 65 in Odisha, 48 in Andhra Pradesh, 46 in Bihar, 23 in Karnataka, 4 in Jharkhand and 2 in Assam. These figures are based on information received from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Health Ministry, 85 thousand 940 are infected in the country. 53 thousand 35 are under treatment. 30 thousand 153 have been cured and 2752 have died.
Spine Robots to Help Corona Patients
The world's first spine technology based robot has been developed in Jaipur to help corona infected patients. Because of Spine Technology, it maintains its own balance. This robot can perform thermal screening and also identify patients with no mask. 95% of the equipment used in it is made in India.
- The dates of CBSE 10th and 12th examinations postponed due to the lockdown will be announced at 5 pm today. The board has already stated that not all the remaining subjects, but only 29 subjects will be tested.
- As part of Operation Samudra Setu, Indian Navy ship INS Jalashv has left 588 Indians from Maldives capital Male. The ship will arrive at the Kochi port in Kerala on Sunday.
- Air India special aircraft carrying 121 Indians from Newark, US reached Hyderabad in the early hours of Saturday. The plane landed at 3:14 am.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has said that if a laborer appears on the road, take it to a nearby shelter and give him food and water. The ministry said that it is the responsibility of the state governments to arrange trains and buses for the workers who want to go to their homes.
5 days when the highest number of infections occurred
Transition spread across 26 states, 7 union territoriesCoronavirus infection has spread to 26 states. 7 Union Territories are also vulnerable. These include Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Puducherry and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
These figures are according to information from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Health Ministry, according to the Union Health Ministry, there are 85 thousand 940 infected in the country. 53 thousand 35 are under treatment. 30 thousand 153 have been cured and 2752 have died.
5 states and 1 union territory
Madhya Pradesh, Infected- 4595: Coronavirus infection has reached 44 out of 52 districts of the state. Many infected new cases have recently returned from Gujarat, Delhi and Maharashtra. The arrival of migrant workers from other states can continue for about 10 days.
- Maharashtra, Infected – 29100: The recovery rate of corona patients in Maharashtra has increased to 22%. In Mumbai it is 25%. Every fourth patient in Mumbai is recovering. As of May 14, 27 thousand 524 cases were reported in the state. After treatment, 6059 of these patients recovered and went home. Among the suburbs adjoining Mumbai, Mira-Bhayander has the best recovery rate of 60%. Only 11 out of 81 patients have recovered in Ulhasnagar.
Uttar Pradesh, Infected – 4096: 27 new cases were confirmed here on Saturday morning. It has 10 from Lucknow. 7 migrants positive returned from Mumbai. These are at the Alambagh Quarantine Center. 7 were found in Hardoi, 5-5 in Farrukhabad and Lakhimpur Kheri. An FIR has been registered against 15 migrant workers in Varanasi. They were found wandering outside despite quarantine.
- Rajasthan, Infected- 4838: There were 91 cases of infection here on Saturday. Of these, 55 were found in Jaipur, 21 in Dungarpur, 9 in Udaipur, 2 in Sirohi, while 1-1 patients were found in Kota, Ajmer, Bharatpur and Jhunjhunu.
- Delhi, Infected- 9333: On Saturday, 438 cases of infection were reported, while 6 corona patients died. Of the total infected, 5278 are under treatment, while 3518 patients have been cured.
- Bihar, infected – 1079: There were 46 cases of infection here on Saturday. Of these, 18 were found in Banka, 9 in Sheikhpura, 7 in Jamui, 5 in Patna, 3 in Katihar, 2 in Aurangabad, while 1-1 patients were found in Munger and Samastipur.