- Nikhil Gandhi, CEO of Tick Talk India told that we have taken care of the privacy of users, we understand the importance of user privacy.
- The government said – For the last few days, 130 crore Indians were receiving complaints about privacy and data security, hence the ban
Jun 30, 2020, 11:58 AM IST
new Delhi. The government has banned 59 apps in China, including Tick Talk. To this, Tick Talk India said that we are following Indian law. Meanwhile, news agency ANI reported that the Tick Talk app has been removed from Apple's App Store and Google Play Store.
On the other hand, Tik Talk India CEO Nikhil Gandhi said that we are following all the rules of data privacy and security under Indian law. We have not shared the information of Indian users with any foreign government, including China. If we are requested in future also, we will not do so. We understand the importance of user privacy.
Gandhi said – Tick talk is in 14 languages
Nikhil Gandhi told that the government had invited us to answer and present our case. TikTok is available in 14 languages. Millions of artists, storytellers, teachers and performers have been associated with it. This became their way of living. Many of these used the Internet for the first time.
Government said – there were concerns about privacy and data security of Indians
- The list of 59 apps includes apps like Tick Talk, UC Browser, Hello and Share It. The government said on Monday that the servers of these Chinese apps exist outside India. Through them, users' data was being stolen. They also threatened the security and unity of the country.
- The government has banned these Chinese apps under section 69A of the Information Technology Act. According to the government, concerns were being raised about the privacy and security of data of 130 crore Indians for the last few days.
- In the complaints received by the Ministry of Information, it was said that some mobile apps on Android and iOS platforms are being misused. These apps were secretly and illegally stealing user data and sending it to servers outside India.
These apps were banned
- TikTok, Shareit, Kwai, UC Browser, Baidu map, Shein, Clash of Kings, DU battery saver, Helo, Likee, YouCam makeup, Mi Community, CM Browers, Virus Cleaner, APUS Browser, ROMWE, Club Factory, Newsdog, Beutry Plus , WeChat, UC News, QQ Mail, Weibo, Xender, QQ Music, QQ Newsfeed, Bigo Live, SelfieCity, Mail Master, Parallel Space, Mi Video Call -, Xiaomi, WeSync, ES File Explorer,
- Viva Video – QU Video Inc, Meitu, Vigo Video, New Video Status, DU Recorder, Vault-Hide, Cache Cleaner DU App Studio, DU Cleaner, DU Browser, Hago Play With New Friends, Cam Scanner, Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile, Wonder Camera, Photo Wonder, QQ Player, We Meet, Sweet Selfie, Baidu Translate, Vmate, QQ International, QQ Security Center, QQ Launcher, U Video, V Fly Status Video, Mobile Legends, DU Privacy
Read these news too …