- Lockdown extended in Punjab till May 31, but curfew to end from May 18
- Jammu and Kashmir received the highest number of 108 patients in a single day, including 12 pregnant women.
- Railway Minister said- Collector send list of laborers, we will send special train in district
May 17, 2020, 09:51 AM IST
new Delhi. The number of corona infections in the country has reached 90 thousand 651. On Saturday, the maximum number of 4792 patients increased in one day, while 3979 were also healthy. In Maharashtra, the number of infected has crossed 30 thousand, while in Gujarat and Tamil Nadu has crossed 10,000. These figures are based on information received from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Health Ministry, there are 90 thousand 927 infected in the country. 53 thousand 946 are being treated. 34 thousand 108 have been cured and 2872 have died.
- On Saturday, 1606 reports were positive in Maharashtra, 1057 in Gujarat, 477 in Tamil Nadu, 438 in Delhi, 213 in Rajasthan, 201 in Uttar Pradesh, 195 in Madhya Pradesh, 115 in West Bengal, 112 in Bihar, 108 in Jammu and Kashmir. 12 pregnant women from Anantnag were found infected in Jammu and Kashmir.
- 700 super spreader Corona positives have been found in Gujarat. The administration campaigned for this after receiving alerts from the Arogya Setu app. People associated with businesses like fruits, vegetables, milk are called super spreaders. They come in contact with many people. They are more at risk of spreading the infection.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said that we are ready to send labor special trains to any district. Collectors should bring the list of trapped laborers to the nodal officers of the railway. Railway has sent 14 lakh people to their states by 1074 special trains till 15 May.
- In Punjab, the lockdown has been extended till 31 May, but the curfew will be lifted from 18 May. Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has suggested the central government to implement nationwide lockdown. The lockdown has also increased in Mizoram.
5 days when the highest number of infections occurred
Transition spread across 26 states, 7 union territories
Coronavirus infection has spread to 26 states. 7 Union Territories are also vulnerable. These include Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Puducherry and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
|How infected||How well||How many deaths|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1121||542||12|
Andaman and Nicobar
|Dadar And Nagar Haveli||1||1||0|
These figures are according to information from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Health Ministry, according to the Union Health Ministry, there are 90 thousand 927 infected in the country. 53 thousand 946 are being treated. 34 thousand 108 have been cured and 2872 have died.
5 states and 1 union territory
- Madhya Pradesh, Infected – 4790: 195 corona cases were reported here on Saturday. Virus infection has reached 44 out of 52 districts of the state. Many infected new cases have recently returned from Gujarat, Delhi and Maharashtra. The arrival of migrant workers from other states can continue for about 10 days.
- Maharashtra, Infected- 30706: In the state, 1606 infected people grew on Saturday. So far, 7088 patients have been cured, while the death toll has reached 1135. The recovery rate of corona patients in Maharashtra has increased to 22%. In Mumbai it is 25%. Among the suburbs adjoining Mumbai, Mira-Bhayander has the best recovery rate of 60%.
- Uttar Pradesh, Infected – 4096: 201 new cases were confirmed in the state on Saturday. This includes 27 patients from Meerut, 19 from Rampur, 12 from Agra, 11-11 from Lucknow and Sambhal, 10 from Saharanpur and 7 from Ghaziabad. 7 migrants positive returned from Mumbai. The death toll of corona patients in the state has gone up to 104.
- Rajasthan, Infected – 4960: 213 new patients were found here on Saturday. Of these, 131 were found in Jaipur, 27 in Dungarpur, 10 in Sirohi, 9 in Udaipur, 7 in Jodhpur, while 1-1 patients were found in Kota, Ajmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Sikar, Barmer and Jhunjhunu. So far 126 patients have died in the state.
- Delhi, Infected- 9333: On Saturday, 438 cases of infection were reported, while 6 corona patients died. Of the total infected, 5278 are under treatment, while 3518 patients have been cured.
- Bihar, infected- 1178: 145 cases of infection were reported here on Saturday. Of these, 18 were found in Banka, 15 in Purnia, 9-9 in Sheikhpura and Nawada, 7-7 in Begusarai and Jamui, 5 in Patna, 3 in Katihar, 2 in Aurangabad, while 1-1 patients were found in Munger and Samastipur. Transition is coming in the workers returning from other states.