- 25 people were killed in Auraiya on Saturday, after which the state government sealed the boundaries.
- Hundreds of laborers reached the Ghazipur and Saharanpur border on Sunday morning, they say that we have traveled many days, let us go home
May 17, 2020, 10:47 AM IST
Meerut The compulsion and crisis of workers is increasing. All boundaries of the state have been sealed after the Auraiya accident in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday. The state government said that workers should not be allowed to enter by foot, two-wheeler or truck. However, the DM has been asked to arrange a bus for the workers. Even after this, thousands of workers gathered near Ghazipur from Punjab, Haryana and Delhi on Sunday morning. He requested the police to let him go home on foot. However, the police flatly refused.
A truck was hit by another truck on Saturday in Auraiya district. 25 laborers died and more than 35 were injured in the accident. Only after this, the state government had issued an order to all the collectors about the workers not coming to the state on foot, two-wheeler or truck.
Uproar, highway jammed on the border of Saharanpur district
- On Sunday, workers from Punjab blocked the highway in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh. In fact, they were barred from entering the border of Saharanpur district in the morning. Angry laborers blocked the highway and shouted slogans against the government. In both the places (Ghazipur and Saharanpur) in the UP border, the workers demand that they have reached here after traveling for 10-15 days, so they should be let go. Otherwise, all their hard work will be wasted.
- In Saharanpur, a large number of workers have gathered on the Saharanpur-Ambala highway. These people are demanding to run a special train to go to Bihar. In view of the commotion, a large number of police personnel have been deployed.
65 workers died in 9 days
- A migrant laborer and his wife and two others died in an accident on Sunday in Barwani, Madhya Pradesh. All these people were returning to Indore from Maharashtra. With this, 65 workers lost their lives in different accidents in the country in nine days.
- On Saturday, 25 workers were killed in Auraiya of Uttar Pradesh and five workers in Banda in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. Earlier on May 13, 16 people died in Aurangabad, 8 in Guna in Madhya Pradesh, 6 in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, 2 in Samastipur in Bihar. At the same time, on May 8, 16 workers in Aurangabad were hit by a freight train.