- This will be the last breakup of the Rs 20 lakh crore relief package
- In the last four days, there was emphasis on small industries, farmers, migrant laborers and economic reforms
May 17, 2020, 10:53 AM IST
new Delhi. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will today describe the fifth and final breakup of the Kovid-19 relief package worth Rs 20 lakh crore. For the last four days, she was having a press conference at 4 pm, but will do it at 11 am today. According to media reports, there may be announcements related to infrastructure and government companies (PSUs) today. In the last four days, there has been an emphasis on small industries, farmers, migrant laborers and reforms. On Saturday, announcements related to a total of 8 sectors including coal, mineral, defense and aviation were made.
50 coal blocks will be given to private sector, revenue will have to be shared with the government
2. Private investment will be increased in the mineral sector
3. Make in India, FDI to increase from 49% to 74% in defense production
4. Air space usage will be increased, airline companies will save 1000 crores annually
5. Power distribution work to be given to private companies in Union Territories
6. 8100 crores for the private sector in social infrastructure
7. Private companies will get opportunities in space sector too
8. Reactors will be started through PPP, research on affordable treatment can be started18 lakh 66 thousand crores announced so far
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on May 12 that the package of 1.70 lakh crore given in March and the announcements of RBI will be given a package of 20 lakh crore rupees. This relief will be given to protect the common people and the economy from the impact of Corona. Out of this, about 18 lakh 66 thousand crores have been announced so far.