- In Maharashtra, the number of infected patients has reached 30,706, Mumbai has the highest number of 18,555 infected.
- So far 1,135 patients have died due to infection in the state, out of which 696 people have died in Mumbai.
May 17, 2020, 12:15 PM IST
Mumbai. In Maharashtra, the infection is becoming uncontrollable. The number of infected people has reached 30,706 till Sunday morning in the state. At the same time, 1,135 people have lost their lives by infection so far. Meanwhile, deployment of central security forces has begun in the state's most corona-hit cities, Mumbai and Pune. In Pune, security forces also marched on foot in some areas of the city on Saturday.
On the demand of the state government, the Center has sent 20 companies of Central Security Force to Maharashtra. The Uddhav government ministers are questioning the workers' return to their homes. Cabinet Minister Prithviraj Chavan said, 'The state and central governments have failed to send laborers to their home states. The money should have been spent without money to arrange for migrants to be sent to their homes, but it was not done.
Maharashtra: More than 7 thousand people have been free of infection so far
- There were 1,606 new cases of infection in the state from Saturday to Sunday morning. After this, the total number of infected in the state has reached 30,706. The worst situation is that of Mumbai. So far, 18,555 infected have been found here.
- A total of 67 people died in the state, including 41 deaths in Mumbai in the last 24 hours. This is the largest number of deaths in one day from infection. The total death toll in the state now stands at 1,135. Of these, 696 people died in Mumbai.
- On Saturday, 524 people were discharged from the hospital after becoming infection free. So far, 7,088 people have become infection free in the state. 1516 places in the state have been declared as prohibited areas. In addition, a total of 3,34,558 people in the state are kept in isolation while 17,048 people are in institutional isolation.
- Central Armed Police Forces have been deployed in other cities including Mumbai, Pune, Malegaon, Amravati to provide some rest to the policemen who are continuously in duty in the Corona crisis in Maharashtra.
Exodus of workers is not stopping
Today is the last day of lockdown phase-3. According to sources, the government may give considerable relaxation in lockdown rules from today onwards. Despite this, the migration of workers is not taking the name of stopping. In this series, a large number of laborers in Nagpur were seen riding trucks and going to their homes. Here a laborer said, 'After the lockdown started, we faced a lot of problems, followed the rules of social distancing, the whole time we wore masks. But now such a journey in trucks is no longer possible. '