- Mizoram extends lockdown till 31 May, Chhattisgarh CM appeals – states' borders remain sealed for a few months
- The government said – the recovery rate of infected is 34.06%, only 2% patients in ICU; Doubling rate increased to 12.9 days
- Telangana Chief Minister KCR said – except 4 zones of Hyderabad, the state was free from corona infection
May 16, 2020, 02:26 AM IST
new Delhi. The number of corona infected in the country has increased to 85 thousand 784 on Friday. Thousands of workers are moving from cities to their homes on foot or by other means after the lockdown softens. The Union Home Ministry said that migrant laborers are still seen on roads, railway tracks and trucks. If a laborer appears on the road, take him to a nearby shelter and give him food and water. The ministry said that it is the responsibility of the state governments to arrange trains and buses for the workers who want to go to their homes.
The Mizoram government has extended the lockdown period to 31 May. However, the entire Mizoram is currently in the Green Zone. Bihar has also appealed to the Center to extend the lockdown by the end of this month. Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel has said that the borders of the states should be kept closed for the next 2-3 months.
Over 3700 Corona patients increased in 24 hours
On Friday, 1576 in Maharashtra, 434 in Tamil Nadu, 425 in Delhi, 340 in Gujarat, 213 in Rajasthan, 169 in Madhya Pradesh, 155 in Uttar Pradesh, 102 in Andhra Pradesh, p. There were 3736 positive reports including 84 in Bengal, 16 in Kerala. Telangana Chief Minister KCR has claimed that the state has been freed from Corona except in the 4 zones of Hyderabad. These figures are based on information received from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Ministry of Health, there are 81 thousand 970 infected in the country. 51 thousand 401 is under treatment. 27 thousand 920 have been cured, while 2649 have died.
79% of infected country's 30 urban bodies
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said that the recovery rate of infected people in the country increased to 34.06%. The case doubling rate increased 3.4 days after the lockdown. Last week it was 12.9 days. He said that the death rate of corona in the world is 6.92%, in India it is 3.23%. 79% of the total infected are in 30 urban bodies of the country. Only 2% of the patients i.e. 1559 are in ICU.
Relief for students for NEET exam
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has given the students till 31 May to rectify mistakes in the NEET exam form and choose an examination center closer to their home.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on the announcements made under the Self-Reliant India Scheme Package that these economic reforms will benefit the rural economy, farmers, fishermen and livestock. These reforms will increase the income of farmers.
- 11 Border Security Force (BSF) personnel have become infected. These cases have come in the last 24 hours. During this period, 13 soldiers have been discharged from the hospital after treatment. Of these, 10 are from Tripura and 3 are from Delhi.
- Mumbai Police apologized for the demise of ASI D Madhukar Mane. Police said the 57-year-old mane was sent on leave 15 days ago in view of old age and danger of infection.
- Delhi Police said that an FIR has been registered against 10 landlords. They were pressuring tenants for rent.
- The phase of return of migrant laborers continues in Uttar Pradesh. The Yogi government has prohibited workers from returning home on foot or in private vehicles. Now they are allowed to return only by means available from the government.
- The Supreme Court has directed the Solicitor General to file an affidavit on behalf of the Government of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. It should be told that what steps have been taken by the concerned governments for the appointment of officers to help the migrant laborers traveling to home states.
- A corona-infected and a suspect has been found at the Army headquarters, the Army Building in Delhi. After this a part of one floor of this building was closed for sanitization.
5 days when the highest number of infections occurred
Transition spread across 26 states, 7 union territories
Coronavirus infection is spread in 26 states of the country. 7 Union Territories are also vulnerable. These include Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Puducherry and Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
|state||How infected||How well||How many deaths|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1013||513||11|
|Andaman and Nicobar||33||33||0|
|Dadar And Nagar Haveli||1||1||0|
These figures are according to information from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Ministry of Health, there are 81 thousand 970 in the country. 51 thousand 401 is under treatment. 27 thousand 919 have been cured, while 2649 patients have died.
5 states and 1 union territory
- Madhya Pradesh, Infected- 4595: There were 169 cases of infection on Friday. These include 61 from Indore, 26 from Bhopal, 27 from Burhanpur, 10 from Ujjain, 11 from Jabalpur and 7 new patients from Dhar. Lockdown phase-4 will start in the state from May 18. It is being told that it can continue till 31 May. During this time, the markets are set to open on the formula of Aud and Even. The ban on religious places will remain in force till 31 May.
- Maharashtra, Infected – 29100: On Friday, 1576 corona patients were found in the state. There were 933 new cases in Mumbai alone. In Hot Spot Dharavi, reports of 84 people came positive, there have been 53 deaths. The lockdown has been extended till May 31 in hot spot areas such as Mumbai Metropolitan Region, Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad and Malegaon. There are now about 100 deaths from corona in the state every 2 days.
- Uttar Pradesh, Infected- 4057: Here 155 infected were found in the last 24 hours. These include 10 from Hapur, 9 from Agra and Meerut, 5 from Lucknow and 4 from Gautam Budh Nagar. So far 2165 corona infections have been cured in the state. Here, an FIR has been registered under the Pandemic Act against 4200 unidentified people attending the funeral of Sant Shebhan Sarkar amidst lockdown.
- Rajasthan, Infected – 4747: 213 Corona positives were found here on Friday. These include 48 in Kota, 38 in Udaipur, 31 in Jodhpur, 23 in Jaipur, 13 in Pali, 9 in Chittorgarh, 6 in BSF Camp, 5 in Jalore, 3-3 in Rajsamand and Sikar, 2 in Ajmer, Jaisalmer and Churu. 2 patient reports came positive. 2729 patients have been cured in the state.
- Delhi, Infected- 8895: There were 425 infections on Friday. There, The people of Delhi have given more than 5 lakh suggestions to the Kejriwal government on the pattern of lockdown. The emphasis is on making masks mandatory and taking care of social distancing. People have also suggested starting buses and metro movement with limited capacity and opening 25% or 50% malls.
- Bihar, infected – 1033: The corona report of 34 patients came positive on Friday. 5-5 were found in Khagaria and Begusarai, 2 in Madhubani and one patient in Siwan. After May 3 in Bihar, samples from 7500 people from other states have been investigated. Of these, 352 have been found infected. Corona was confirmed among the 114 people from Delhi. Apart from these, 97 returned from Gujarat, 66 returned from Maharashtra, 22 returned from West Bengal, 17 returned from Haryana and 13 returned from Uttar Pradesh were found infected.