- Domestic and international flights will be closed, so tournaments like IPL will not be possible.
- Athletes preparing for the Olympics, during the discussion with the Sports Minister, demanded approval for training.
- Sports Authority of India has prepared standard operating procedure for players
May 17, 2020, 09:32 PM IST
new Delhi. The Ministry of Home Affairs released the guidelines for the lockdown phase 4 on Sunday night. There will be some relief to the sports world. Sports complex and stadium will be opened. But, the entry of the audience will remain closed as before.
Players will benefit from this relaxation. They will be able to start training again. Especially the players who are preparing for the Tokyo Olympics.
There will be no tournament like IPL
Domestic and international flights will remain closed. Therefore, foreign and domestic players will not be able to travel. This means that the tournament like IPL will not be held at the moment. The league has already been postponed to indefinite.
What is said in the guideline
The home ministry's guideline stated, 'The stadium and sports complex have been approved to open. But, viewers will not be able to come. ”Sports activities in India have been closed for almost two months.
Team India will be able to practice after May 18
Team India training has also cleared the way for the fourth phase of lockdown. National Cricket Academy i.e. NCA is also making post lockdown plan.
Cricketers will use the Arogya Setu app: BCCI
Earlier, Board Treasurer Arun Dhumal had said that if the government relaxes the lockdown after May 18, the players will start outdoor practice. For this, the board is in contact with the central and state government. Not only this, the BCCI has said that if the government directs the use of the Arogya Setu app, the players will follow it.
Lockdown since march
The lockdown actually began in mid-March. The athletes were preparing for the Tokyo Olympics. Most were present at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) complex in Bengaluru and Patiala. These people were demanding to resume training.
The players demanded to start training
Last week, Sports Minister Kiran Rijiju spoke to the athletes at a video conference where he was favored. On 3 May, Rijiju announced that the government was considering starting the game in a phased manner. He said this especially in the context of athletes associated with the Olympic Games.
The IOA raised 220 crore from the government. Sought financial help
Here, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President Narinder Batra wrote a letter to the Sports Minister on Sunday demanding that the training camp of the Olympics be restarted. He has also demanded 220 crore rupees for the help of sports associations.
Difficult to get sponsors: OEOA
Batra said that in the current situation it is difficult for the Olympics to get sponsors for the next one year. In such a situation, the government will have to provide financial help to the sports federations in this time of crisis.
Sai prepares SOP for players
The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has prepared a 33-page standard operating procedure (SOP) for safe return of sports after lockdown. Before starting the training, players will have to download the Arogya Setu app along with the corona test.
Important things about standard operating procedure prepared for players
- Players will be able to start training in small groups.
- The players will remain in Quarantine until the Corona Test report is negative.
- The final clearance for the players to start training again will be given by the doctors posted at Sai Centers.
- The use of fitness equipment should be allowed only after wearing gloves and masks.
- Only five players are allowed to use the fitness room at a time.
- All players, coaches and support staff strictly follow the rules related to social distancing.
- Players should be kept in open rooms and ventilated rooms only.
- Appoint National Sports Federation Hygiene Officer.
Players get massaged only when it is more important
Apart from this, the committee preparing SOP has suggested to provide physiotherapy and massage to the players only when necessary. During this time, hygiene has been asked to take special care.