- 3344 infected grew in 24 hours, 1475 recovered; Record 1216 patients increase in Maharashtra
- Clinical trial of 4 Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha on health workers from Thursday
- After Delhi, Punjab and Uttarakhand, fuel is also expensive in Rajasthan, VAT increased by 2% on petrol and 1% on diesel.
May 08, 2020, 02:34 AM IST
new Delhi. The number of corona infected in the country has increased to 56 thousand 351. On Thursday, 3344 reports came positive, including 1216 in Maharashtra, 388 in Gujarat, 580 in Tamil Nadu, 118 in Punjab, 110 in Rajasthan, 114 in Madhya Pradesh, 73 in Uttar Pradesh. Delhi has the highest increase of 448 infections in a single day. These include 37 ITBP jawans. A total of 82 ITBP personnel were found to be Corona positive so far. These figures are based on information received from covid19india.org and state governments.
According to the Union Ministry of Health, a total of 52 thousand 952 are infected in the country. 35 thousand 902 are under treatment. 15 thousand 2066 have been cured, while 1783 patients have died. Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said that 3561 were found infected in 24 hours till Thursday morning. No new cases were reported in 13 states including Kerala, Odisha and Jammu and Kashmir. India has lower mortality (3.3%) than other countries. The recovery rate has increased to 28.83%.
Infection may increase in June-July
Director of Delhi AIIMS, Dr. Randeep Guleria has said that the corona infection may reach its peak in the months of June and July. According to the existing data and the way cases are growing, there is a risk of increasing infection. However, there are many factors affecting it. Only with the passage of time can we know how effective these factors are and what was the benefit of extending the lockdown period.
There will be no research on the use of Ganga water in treatment
The Ministry of Jal Shakti has proposed a clinical trial of Ganga water for the treatment of Corona patients. It called for studies on the properties of virus eradication and enhancing disease resistance from Ganga water. On this, ICMR made it clear that it will not do any research on Ganges water. The data available right now is not so strong that clinical research should be done on Ganga water for the treatment of corona.
Trial of Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Yashtimadhu
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said that clinical trials of Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Yashtimadhu, Peepli and AYUSH-64 are being conducted on health workers and people working in high risk areas. So far, many Corona Warriors working in hospitals and high-risk areas are being given hydroxychloroquine tablets.
Important updates related to Corona
- After Delhi and Punjab, now Uttarakhand government also increased the prices of petrol and diesel. Here the cabinet has decided to increase the price of petrol by 2 rupees and diesel by Re 1 per liter. The Rajasthan government also increased VAT by 2% on petrol and 1% on diesel.
- In the midst of the Corona crisis, the central government is working on a financial package for all sectors, including small industries. Giridhar Aramane, Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport said that the Government of India, the Prime Minister's Office and the Department of Economic Affairs are working on a relief package to give momentum to the economy.
- Mumbai Police Commissioner Parambir Singh has said that so far there have been confirmed Korana infection among 250 police personnel in the city. None of these are in ICU. There are very few cases in which symptoms of the disease are seen.
- Indore East SP Yusuf Qureshi said that so far corona infection has been confirmed among 31 policemen in the city. Of these, 22 are undergoing treatment. 8 have been discharged after treatment. 1 died of treatment.
5 days when the highest number of infections occurred
Transition spread across 26 states, 7 union territories
Coronavirus infection has spread to 26 states of the country. 7 Union Territories are also vulnerable. These include Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Puducherry and Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
|state||How infected||How well||How many deaths|
|Jammu and Kashmir||793||335||9|
|Andaman and Nicobar||33||33||0|
|Dadar And Nagar Haveli||1||1||0|
These figures are according to information from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Health Ministry, a total of 52 thousand 952 are infected in the country. 35 thousand 902 are under treatment. 15 thousand 2066 have been cured, while 1783 patients have died.
5 states and 1 union territory
Madhya Pradesh, Infected- 3252: 114 corona-infected were found in the state on Thursday. Reports of 47 patients in Bhopal and 18 in Indore came out positive. This is the largest number of infected in a day in Bhopal. On Wednesday, 7 people died due to the disease in the state, including a three-month-old girl who died in Jabalpur.
Uttar Pradesh, Infected – 3071: The report of 73 patients came positive on Thursday. In these 1881 patients are being treated. The state's death toll from Corona has risen to 62. At the same time, the state government has withdrawn the decision to ban pan masala on 25 March. Now there will be a ban on the sale and production of only tobacco and products made from it.
Maharashtra, Infected – 17974: There were 1216 infections in 24 hours. There were 5194 corona patients in Mumbai on 26 April, but their number has increased to 10 thousand 527 in the last 10 days. The first case of Corona was reported on 11 March in Mumbai. It took 47 days for the virus to infect 5,000 thousand people. For the past 9 days, 400 to 600 new cases are being reported every day.
Rajasthan, Infected- 3427: On Thursday, 110 new cases of infection were reported in Rajasthan. Among them 22 were found in Jodhpur, 16 in Chittorgarh, 13 in Jaipur, 6 in Pali, 5 in Ajmer, 4 in Dhaulpur, 2 in Kota, one each in Pali, Sirohi and Udaipur. Apart from these, 12 BSF personnel from Delhi are also infected.
Bihar, infected- 550: There were 8 cases of infection here on Thursday. The corona report of a 56-year-old female and a 70-year-old male in Sasaram came back positive. On the other hand, a 30-year-old man was found infected in Aurangabad and 32 years old in Jehanabad. One person died of infection in the state on Thursday. So far 188 corona-infected have been cured, while 4 have died.
Delhi, Infected – 5980: There were 448 infections on Thursday. The death toll has risen to 66 with the death of one patient. The speed of doubling the number of infected here is 11 days. Meanwhile, the Delhi government has announced a financial assistance of Rs 1 crore to the family of police constable Amit Kumar, who lost his life from Kovid. Amit died on Tuesday.