- Take precautions when returning to the gym again, keep your personal sanitized belongings along with towels.
- Take time for the right yoga for a short time, do Surya Namaskar and Pranayam by making a schedule.
- Those who are doing yoga, keep doing it continuously, because it gives confidence and positive energy.
May 21, 2020, 01:45 PM IST
Lockdown 4.0 has been announced in India to deal with the Corona epidemic. However, the government has given some concessions in this lockdown, which runs from 18 to 31 May. But gym-loving fitness lovers are still not relieved. Bodybuilders doing weight lifting workouts in the gym every day for two months have been away from their routine.
Apart from this, people doing yoga in the park and stadium are also unable to do open air postures. In such a situation, trainer Amrik Singh, who runs a gym in Bhopal, and dietician-yoga expert doctor Shailaja Trivedi are giving fitness tips to people who are worried about health.
Constant distance from the gym is reducing energy in the body
- Fitness trainer Amrik Singh says that all those who previously used to work out on a consistent schedule are away from the gym. In such a situation, the ill effects of their body and health will be revealed when they start going to the gym. Because energy and stamina have decreased due to long distance from the gym. In this case, it will take time to restore the stemina again.
- However, Singh also describes the lockdown as beneficial. He believes that people have become more aware of health after living and drinking continuously at home. Looking at the spread of corona, it is good to stay at home, because if there is life, then there is a world, but after this, whenever the gyms open, people will return to the exercise routine with more energy.
24 hours is enough for laziness in the body
All fitness centers, including the gym, have been closed since the lockdown. In such a situation, those who have the most routine workout routine have to bear. Because even if there is a slight gap in the gym, there are bad results. On this, Singh says that we work continuously for a week, but rest on Sundays and 24 hours a day is enough to make the body lazy. But now continuous physical exercise is closed and the diet schedule has also deteriorated.
Give the body some time at home
- According to Amrik everything is closed outside, so you have enough time for yourself. In such a situation, give movement to the body according to its capacity. Singh recommends walking, sit ups and push ups at home. This will maintain the rhythm of workouts and exercises in your gym. Apart from this, climb up and down the stairs on the wall with push-ups, floor exercises and stairs.
- Regarding diet, Amrik tells us to reduce your food intake and increase the food count. For example, if your diet is of 4 rotis and you eat three times a day, then start eating only two rotis and eat 6 times.
Return to the gym, keep some precautions
When you return to the gym after the lockdown opens, you have to take care of your and others' safety. Because the removal of the lockdown means opening the doors of the gym, not the end of the corona. Therefore, experts have advised to take some precautions.
- Safety goods in gym bags: While going to the gym, keep your hand sanitizer, sanitized towel and your water bottle in your bag. Avoid using anything else during this period. Also keep your mask, gloves in this bag.
- Clean the machines before and after use: Whenever you are spending time on an exercise machine, first clean it. At the same time, clean the machined surface from your side even after using it. Do not rely on anyone else's cleanliness, but also take safe steps yourself.
- Seeking cleaning staff at the center: In the gym, many people do workouts at once and in such a situation it is not easy to disinfect machines at their level repeatedly. In such a situation, learn about the cleaning staff by reaching the center.
- Avoid exercising in AC: Those people who are thinking of starting a gym should prefer non-AC gym. Also check for cross ventilation in the gym. This will give you protection in many ways.
- Avoid getting into the crowd: Before going to the gym, see how many people are joining there at one time. Avoid going if there is a crowd. Apart from this, you can also change your time by talking to a trainer or center owner. Choose a time when a small number of people are reaching there.
Deteriorating yoga routines affect mental health
According to Dr. Shailaja Trivedi, deterioration of yoga routine also affects the mentally. People who are doing yoga, do it continuously, because it gives confidence and positive energy, so that we remain healthy. Doing yoga keeps our physical, mental and emotional balance.
There is a difference between doing yoga at home and outside
- Doctor Shailaja says that there is a lot of difference between doing yoga at home and outside. Because outside you do yoga in a group, which creates an enthusiasm in the environment. At the same time, when you start yoga at home, you get bored many times and leave it in the middle. Apart from this, he told that there are gurus who give guidance before us.
- Apart from this, doctors also consider diet as an important aspect along with yoga. She says that the basis of health is diet – we are 70 percent diet and 30 percent we are fat from physical activities. So pay special attention to food and seasonal food. Increase the amount of liquid in your diet, because if the sweat comes out, the need of water should be fulfilled.
Take the help of online classes for yoga at home, but also be careful
Dr. Shaileja says that many online classes are available nowadays. With their help, you can take yoga tips and learn new asanas. But also be careful before taking online help. If you are not able to do any posture properly, if you are unable to understand, then avoid doing it. Because if you follow the wrong method, you can also harm your health.
According to the doctor, you can also do these asanas and pranayama at home.
- Tadasana: With both hands raised, close your ears. Then stand on the paws and wait for 15 seconds.
- Oblique Tadasana: Keep a distance of two feet between the two legs. Lock the fingers of hands and lift both hands up. Then bend from the waist to the right and stop for 10 seconds. After that, lean to the left.
- Katichkrasan: Keep a distance of half a meter between the two toes. Place the right hand on the left shoulder and bend the body to the left while keeping the left hand at the waist. Wait 10 seconds then come back, then do the same from the other side.
Special thing- Taking this standing posture on an empty stomach in the morning by drinking water provides relief in constipation. By doing this, the spine becomes strong and flexible. This increases positive energy in the body.
Asanas for digestive system
- Vajrasana: Bend your knees down and place your hands on your knees. Keep head and back aligned. Close your eyes and stay relaxed.
- Mandukasan: Sit in Vajrasana. Keep both fists away from the four fingers of the umbilical cord. Slowly lean towards the front to pressure the abdomen, but do not lift the buttock from behind. Keep your head up.
- Shashankasan: Sit in Vajrasana. Move both hands above the head. Then slowly keep the hands and head in a straight line and lean towards the front. Place the hands and head on the ground in front of the knee. Stay in a state of rest for 15 seconds.
Special thing- Asanas of the group of Vajrasana are beneficial for the digestive system. Helps to relieve constipation, gas and acidity. It gives calmness and concentration.
Caution Knee pain, do not do this asana in hernia.
To control mental stress
- Mountains: Sit down in happiness. Keeping both hands in pramanasana, gently place it above the head and straighten it. Meditate with your eyes closed.
Caution Do this asana in case of sciatica, slipdisk, back pain.
- Anulom-Antonyms: Sit in any soothing posture. Close the eyes slowly and close the right nostril with the thumb of the right hand. Breathe in from the left nostril. After this, close the left nostril and exhale from the right. Take a deep breath from the right nostril, then close the right nostril, exhale through the left nostril. Repeat this 10 times.
- Bhastrika Pranayama: Take slow deep breaths from both nostrils. Then exhale both nostrils at moderate speed. Repeat this 5-7 times.
Benefit- This increases the amount of oxygen in the body. Carbon dioxide exits. Digestive power increases. Helpful in respiratory diseases.
Caution Do not treat high blood pressure, dizziness, migraine and heart patients.
- Sheetali Pranayama: Take out the tongue by making it ductile. Take a cold breath with your tongue. Close the mouth and exhale through the nose. Repeat this 5 times.
Benefit- Is beneficial in high blood pressure. There is benefit in hyper acidity, belching, stomach irritation. The mind is calm. It is cool in summer.
Caution Do not use low blood pressure and severe asthma.
- Pranav nad: Take a deep breath and chant ॐ. Do this five times.
Caution Helpful in mental stress, depression and nervous system diseases.