- BS6 Splendor + are available in three variants, the company has increased 750 rupees in all three variants.
- The bike has a 97.2cc engine, which generates 8.02 PS of power and 8.05 Nm of torque.
- The rear brake of the bike is linked to the front brake through Integrated Braking System (IBS) technology.
May 10, 2020, 06:50 PM IST
new Delhi. Hero MotoCorp has marginally increased the price of its best-selling commuter motorcycle Splendor +. The BS6 version of Splendor is available in three variants and the company has increased the cost by Rs 750 in all three variants. The initial price of the bike at the time of launching was Rs 59,600 (Delhi ex-showroom), while now it will cost Rs 60,350 to buy its base model.
Variant vice price of bike after increase
- Kick Start, Drum Brake, Alloy Wheel-Fi: Rs 60,350 (Delhi-X Showroom)
- Self Start, Drum Brake, Alloy Wheel-Fi: Rs 62,650 (Delhi-X Showroom)
- Self Start, Drum Brake, Alloy Wheel-Fi – i3s: Rs 63,860 (Delhi-X Showroom)
Hero Splendor Plus: Engine Power and Features
The bike has a 97.2cc engine, which generates 8.02 PS of power and 8.05 Nm of torque. It is equipped with a 4 speed transmission. Fuel injection technology has been used in BS6 version, which includes better fuel efficiency and lower emission. The Splendor Plus does not have front disc brakes, 130 mm drum brake setup in the rear. The rear brake is linked to the front via IBS technology. Most of the customers in this segment use the rear brake only, which this bike is offering them better. The company has integrated Integrated Braking System (IBS) in the rear brake. Apart from this, the company has not included any electronics in it other than just a simple instrument console.
Work started in Green-Orange Zone
As soon as the lockdown was relaxed, the company started its operations in the Green and Orange zones. This includes more than 1500 touch points, including authorized dealerships and service centers by Hero MotoCorp. The company said that almost 10,000 bikes and scooters have been sold from the customer touch points as soon as the work started. These outlets contribute about 30 per cent of the company's domestic retail sales. Hero MotoCorp's sales network consists of more than 6000 touch points, of which around 1000 are dealers, service centers, etc.