- The Grain Coupe has an initial ex-showroom price of Rs 1.29 crore.
- The company produces 14,000 units every year at its Chennai plant
May 08, 2020, 06:15 PM IST
new Delhi. The German company BMW has started production at its Chennai plant. The company produces 14,000 units every year in this plant. On the other hand, it has also launched its 8 Series Gran Coupe car in the Indian market. The company has launched it in two variants of BMW 840i Grain Coupe and BMW 840i Grain Coupe M Sport. The ex-showroom price of the 840i Grain Coupe is Rs 1.29 crore and the ex-showroom price of the 840i Grain Coupe M Sport is Rs 1.55 crore. At the same time, the ex-showroom price of another model M8 coupe is Rs 2.15 crore.
Will catch 0 to 100 kmph in 5.2 seconds
Both variants of the BMW Grain Coupe have a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder in-line petrol engine. This engine generates power of 340 hp and peak torque of 500 Nm. This engine comes with twin power turbo technology. It catches a speed of 0 to 100 kmph in just 5.2 seconds. The engine is equipped with an 8-speed steptronic sport automatic transmission. For best driving, it has Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus modes.
BMW Grain Coupe Features and Specifications
- BMW has given it a sporty look. Looking from the side, it looks like a very long car. It has four frameless doors, long wheelbase, coupe-style roofline with dynamic silhouette. The back side has sport exhaust system and cover LED lights.
- This vehicle will get electrically adjustable sport seats. Its center console is also quite wide. It has used premium leather on the instrument panel, door trims. It also has ambient lighting with surround speakers. Every little thing inside the car is also very premium.
- With the company's ConnectedDrive technology, you will be able to operate zester control, wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay. It features the company's modern concept BMW Live Cockpit Professional, which comes with the company's latest operating system 7.0 and 3D navigation.
- It has a 12.3-inch digital instrument display and a 10.25-inch control display. There will also be a park assistant and rear view camera. The car has dual panoramic glass sunroof. Which extends to the back part of the car.
- For safety, it includes 6 airbags, dynamic stability control (DSC), dynamic traction control (DTC), anti-lock braking system (ABS), electric parking brake, auto hold, side-impact protection, electronic vehicle immobilizer and crash sensor and ISOFIX. Siled seat mounting is provided.