- FZ V3.0 sold 1,77,621 units in the financial year 2020, a 19 percent decrease from the previous financial year.
- In the financial year 2019, 1,37,946 units of Bullet 350 were sold, ie this year saw a decline of only 5%.
May 08, 2020, 05:50 PM IST
new Delhi. Lockdown continues in the country. Recently, all the auto companies released the first quarter sales report, in which it was revealed that no car was sold by any company in April. We have brought to you the list of the five best selling motorcycles this financial year. In this we have included such motorcycles which are priced between Rs 1 lakh and 1.50 lakh.
(The figures are based on sales data from SIAM, indicating that the units have been sent from the manufacturer to the dealership.)
Apache RTR Series (160, 180, 160 4V, 200 4V) – 3,65,232 units
Starting Price – Starting from 95 thousand
- SIAM has released the data of the entire series, not the one-off model of the Apache RTR series, in the report. The Delhi ex showroom price of the Apache RTR 160 is 95 thousand rupees, although it is also sold in above one lakh in different states.
- The Apache Series sold a total of 3,65,232 units in the financial year 2020, although a total of 4,65,322 units were sold in the last financial year 2019, but despite this it made a place in the list of the 10 best-selling motorcycles in the financial year. Managed
- In December 2019, the company launched the BS6 models of Apache RTR 160 4V and RTR 200 4V.
Yamaha FZ, FZ-S V3.0- 1,77,621 units
Starting Price – Rs 99200
- Yamaha FZ V3.0 stood second in the list but it can be said to be the best selling bike in the price bracket of 1 lakh to 1.50 lakh rupees. The standard FZ model is priced at Rs 99200, which is available in Delhi for less than one lakh price while in other cities it is available for more than one lakh price. The FZ-S has a Delhi ex-showroom price of Rs 1.03 lakh.
- FZ V3.0 sold 1,77,621 units in the financial year 2020, a 19 percent decrease from the previous financial year. 2,19,774 units were sold in the last financial year. However, export figures have increased by 50 per cent. 70,725 units were exported in the financial year 2019 while 1,06,736 units were exported in the financial year 2020.
Royal Enfield Bullet 350 – 1,30,820 Units
Starting Price – Rs 1.21 Lakh
- Royal Enfield released separate sales figures for the Bullet 350 and Bullet 350 ES. The Bullet 350 sold a total of 1,30,820 units in the financial year 2020, making it to number three on this list. The Bullet 350 is the model that saw the lowest drop in sales.
- It sold 1,37,946 units in the financial year 2019 i.e. this year saw a decline of only 5%.
Bajaj Pulsar 180F, 160NS, 200NS – 1,18,022 units
Starting Price 1.03 Lakhs
- Like the TVS, the Pulsar 150cc to 200cc model is counted together. This includes Pulsar 180F, 160NS, 200NS and RS 200, which together sold 1,18,022 units in FY 2020. This figure is down by 19 percent compared to the financial year 2019.
- 1,46,940 units were sold in the financial year 2019. However, the export figures are almost the same. 1,20,282 units were shipped in the financial year 2020 and 1,20,741 units in the financial year 2019.
Bajaj Pulsar 220F – 74,309 Units
Starting Price – Rs 1.17 Lakh
- The last name in the list is Bajaj Pulsar 220F, which saw a significant decline in sales figures. In fiscal year 2019, Tulan saw a 10 per cent drop in its sales in FY 2020. 82,511 units were sold in the financial year 2019.
- However, there was a 68 percent increase in exports. 12599 units were exported in FY 2019 and 21,284 units in FY 2020.